Are you self-motivated, detail oriented, and passionate about the outdoors? Do you enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment? Then Shedhorn might be the place for you!
Full Time Outdoor Retail Sales Enthusiast
Shedhorn Sports is one of Montana’s premier outdoor sporting goods stores. We pride ourselves on hiring knowledgeable staff and are currently seeking an outdoor enthusiast to join our team. Shedhorn has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Retail Sales member at our Ennis, Montana store.
• Provide exemplary customer service to every customer by greeting, advising, and assisting them in selecting merchandise and buying decisions
• Knowledgeable about outdoors recreation and firearms (preferred)
• Retail emphasis will be on firearms and optics
• Requires the ability to handle firearms safely and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearm regulations. Includes processing of all firearms transactions efficiently following all internal policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Includes completing the ATF 4473 required forms, appropriate state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for the legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements
• Responsible for assisting with firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, safely checking/clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, and preparation of firearms for retail sale
• Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, merchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming
• Assist in other areas of the store when business dictates, which may include, but not limited to: reloading supplies, fishing, clothing, cashier, and outdoor gear
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
• Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate descriptions of firearms online (preferred)
• Strong computer skills including reading reports and accurate data entry
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell firearms under BATFE regulations. Have a working knowledge of Federal and State firearm regulations (required)
• Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s experience (required)
• Ability to evaluate and fulfill customers’ needs using good judgment and logic (required)
• Hiring preference is those with strong sales and firearms knowledge and at least one year of related field experience
Approximately 45-50 hours per week including weekends. Insurance and employee discounts are available. If you think this job might be a good fit for you, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.